Leather tanneries all over the world produce all three categories of waste: wastewater, solid waste and air emissions. However, wastewater is by far the most important environmental challenge being faced by any tannery in the world.
Nilco Tanners strictly follow the safety protocol stipulated by the Tamil Nadu Pollution Control Board (TNPCB). We also take all kind of precautionary measures to avoid accidents on their premises.
The following are some of the techniques NTPL uses,
- Water Conservation.
- Use of Environment Friendly Chemicals.
- Green Fleshing of Hides will result in savings on liming and un-hairing chemicals and improve the penetration of chemicals into skins.
- Hair Savings Methods to reduce the organic load for the treatment plant.
- Recycling Liming Liquors to save water , sulfide and lime.
- Oxidation of Sulfide to avoid the formation of hydrogen sulfide during the acidification of the deliming float.
- Finishing Process: The conventional spray equipment is equipped with proper scrubbing systems to reduce emissions thereby controlling wastages of chemicals.